CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Benjamin Chomsky...Le petit linguist


So, I recently had the uncanny experience of hearing myself in my 18 month old's voice... and let me just clarify, it was not so precious.

Could it have been any of the following: "I love you", "Thank God", "Thank you",  "Dear Jesus" or even "please"?
Of course not! It was a resounding, emphatic, I ain't messin' around "NO"!
I've had the sheer pleasure of listening to this all week long, and I have to keep reminding myself that, the good thing is, the kid has boundaries.
In the meantime, I'm aware of every "like" and "totally" I say, and the fact is, I could do a serious disservice to him if he grows talking like Spicoli.
I'm chalking this one up to another parental adjustment, considering that I now apparently need to monitor everything I say and choose my words and tone deliberately, lest they be repeated. 
The thing is, I'm not even worried about other people hearing it-- I just don't want to have to listen to myself repeated all day, every day for a week.  Yay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could you even think contrary of this cutie with the blue paint in his teeth? I love little Ben... you and Jerrad are okay, too. ;-)

Annie said...

Way cute! We shall see little Ben tonight at life group.